Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Suddenly

My brother-in Christ has left us. Suddenly. 2 month ago I heard he went for a sudden heart operation.. it was alright now.. or so I thought.. Yesterday, a friend told me Alvin has passed away.. in his sleep.. a month after the op..

27, fit, strong, good-natured, kind, courageous.. filled with God¡¯s love for others.. he is a really good spirit who brought cheer to all who knew him..

Fellow brother in Dentistry, later who joined my church.. He went to China with Eugene and me on our first training trip.. we called him Ah-boy..

I first remember him during orientation.. all the juniors were to perform an item.. He played the guitar and sang a Chinese song about God.. handsome young fellow.. later found out he was my junior from VJC as well, and a good friend of Dorine..

I¡¯m not going to tell a long story about how good a brother and how good a spirit he was, jus that he was.

I would never have guessed the last time I saw him would have been the last.. until we meet again in heaven. (that by God¡¯s grace I will be in heaven at the end of this life..)

Its really a downer to be away in moments like these. Though I know he is in a better place and all.. I guess the empty sadness is that you are missed, Alvin. I dare not imagine how your family is taking this, and there are so many who love you, in your church family and your friends. May the comfort of God and His grace and love fill the place you leave behind. Last night, I thought, how tragic that you left us when you are still so young, when there was still so much for you to do/experience, career, marriage, children , and many who would have been blessed by you.. then I thot.. is that really so good? Heaven is way better than all these, at the side of the Father.. so all that is left, Alvin.. are those who miss you..

We miss you. I miss you. Hope to see you again next time.

No comments: