Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas

I went to a Christmas celebration yesterday and realized something for the first time. Jesus could have been born to any rich man or even a king. He chose to be born in a manger, not even in an inn. Surely it would not be difficult for God to wave His hand and create an empty inn room. He is the ultimate Creator. Jesus had no hospital, no doctors or nurses to wait on Him. He was born in a place where Joseph and Mary had no friends or relatives they could stay with.

Why?
I can only guess.

In a manger, with animals beside Him, how He was born would not be very different from the villagers I see, who give birth in their homes with/without the help of a mid-wife. Our L’d is one who chooses to identify Himself with the poorest people.

‘..so that they would know I understand..’ a whisper said.

Thank You Lord.















Picture of little village boy (Hani tribe)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Sze Shan, the birth of Jesus was truely amazing, the place and the way God chose to came down to save us. I remember what my pastor preached during Christmas.

"Just as the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve." (Matt 20:28)

So i just prayed to God and wondered where i should serve Him now that I am ready to serve, ready to go for more missions, ready for Him to use me in any way...Somehow I got myself signed up for the prayer intercessory ministry in my church.

Need more guidance, need to learn more....how i yearn and desire to pray in spirit too, but i realise that this gift for me is all in His time.