Monday, April 11, 2005

The Father loves you as much as He loves Jesus..

John 17:23 (NIV)
Jesus prayed..' I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me..'

The Father loves you as much as He loves Jesus..

these are some of the most precious words i heard at the conference recently.. it really changed the way i looked at things.. Be a son.. not just a servant.

Matthew 3:16-17
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

and this was before Jesus had began His ministry..

Our Lord worked from a position of acceptance ('My Son'), affirmation ('I love him') and approval ('with him I am well-pleased').. He did not work for it, He worked from it.. we do not have to work for God's acceptance, love, or approval.. we work from it.. our Father loves us because we are, and because He is. how wonderful to remember this..

No comments: