Friday, August 25, 2006

finances

was jus doing my record of expenses on my 11 mth trip in China.. tho in the beginning i had been prepared to cover my expenses from my savings, i sensed God telling me He would provide and challenging me.. something like "you watch and see how I will do this.."

and yea, tho i didnt raise funds, frens, aunties and some acquaintances i only met once or didnt even meet contacted me and expressed a desire to support me financially. Some wrote cheques and some transferred straight to my account..

well in the end, all my expenses, (living expenses, setting up costs, flights, insurance etc), were covered. just slightly over a 5-digit figure. and i still have a few thousand left over, which i'll set aside for future trips. For those who'd like to plan a trip, daily expenses came up to about $6000-7000 for the 11 months.

God is so awesome! and His blessings often has a multiplication effect. i was blessed not just by the financial providence, but also by the sense of partnership and relationship by those who supported me in this way, so that it wasn't me doing my own thing, but a whole community of people behind me too, whom i represented, to show His care for those i would meet. Thank you friends, for being part of this.

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
(Mal 3:10-11).

10 for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird in the mountains,
and the creatures of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
(Ps 50:9-12).

i'm also very thankful for those who kept me in prayer. Prayer is so important, in China, we prayed often. to us, who are away from our homes (some fr really far away), it is such a vital way through which He ministers to us and keeps our hearts focused and thankful.

so i encourage you, lift up your eyes, He is so big.. it is a wonderous thing to experience His reality and find that faith can be so real. Real enough to touch.

No comments: